Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac set up or desktop set up

I currently have a Macbook pro that I do most of my work on. I just received a promotion at work and will be working from home a lot more. I was going to buy the iMac 27 inch with retina 5k display as well as the Apple thunderbolt display. I have been attempting to do as much research as possible but have not found a good answer as of yet. My job with provide me with a laptop (which isn't Apple). When I work from home I want the ability to connect the laptop to my iMac and the thunderbolt monitor to have a dual monitors or just work off of my iMac with duel display. Would someone be able to break down the best way to do this and how. Also I noticed that the Apple thunderbolt display is not the same height as the iMac display so how would you fix this.

Sorry for the newbie question and thanks and advance.

-Wayne

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:44 AM

No that will not work, it's called Target Display Mode. Apple is VERY clear what will work in Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode - Apple Support

3 replies

iMac set up or desktop set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.