Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 4 stuck in recovery mode, itunes waiting for ipad

I've had my IPad for over two years now and it was working just fine. But yesterday it just wouldn't turn on anymore. I don't know weather it auto-updated or not, but it just went black. I tried charging it, but the screen remains black after hours of charging. The 10 seconds home and lock button combo also doesn't do anything. I connected it to my Macbook then and tried Itunes. Itunes says 'ITunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.' So i press ok and Restore iPad, Software is extracted and the it says 'Waiting for iPad...' for about a minute. The next thing is the Error message 'The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).' I've tried this several times with different cables and USB ports.. i have no idea what to do anymore.

i'd be happy for anything helpful!

iPad

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:13 AM

You can try DFU mode

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that does not help

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

1 reply

ipad 4 stuck in recovery mode, itunes waiting for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.