Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News on "Swipe Right" Page

When I swipe right from the iPhone home screen, a screen appears that shows recent contacts, recent apps and a few news stories. How is the news content determined? Is there any way to modify the selection, so that I get news stories that I'm more interested in?

I sometimes use the Apple News app, and at first I thought the "swipe right" news was based on my Apple News app selection. But it's not. The news sources that I have selected in the Apple News app are completely different from the sources that appear in the "swipe right" news listings.

Thx

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:13 PM

I believe the news articles are based on the "top stories" at the time in Apple News. If you were to start typing something, then it should suggest articles that begin with those characters. They would either be stories you've read recently, or stories in your feed.

The behavior of what kind of news appears in Spotlight cannot be changed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 1:13 PM in response to pomme4moi

I believe the news articles are based on the "top stories" at the time in Apple News. If you were to start typing something, then it should suggest articles that begin with those characters. They would either be stories you've read recently, or stories in your feed.

The behavior of what kind of news appears in Spotlight cannot be changed.

News on "Swipe Right" Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.