Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade individual logic files from logic nine to logic ten

Hello, I previously worked with Logic Pro (9.1.7) and have recently upgraded to Logic Pro X (10.1.0)....

I love the new program for our new album, but when I wanted to include one of our previous songs in our new album and remix it on Logic Pro X I find that they convert the old files from nine and include the previous settings for storing AIFF and WAV files externally as well as storing some of the other files and project settings externally.

How can I fix this. Meaning how can I upgrade and convert my older projects of logic from 9, into the new logic 10 and have all the benefits of Logic X without the old externalized content being kept externally or by proxy and internalize it and benefit from the aesthetics and organizational bliss of the new software. Otherwise I have to lug the old external files around with the new logic file or they disappear from within the new project.

Is there a simple solution. Please advise because I love having all my files in the same format and well organized.

Also I would like a simple way to upgrade all my files from previous versions of logic and even garage band to logic X, for archival purpose for our band and for my personal use.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), SSD 256GB/ITB HD Fusion Drive & 16 GB Ram

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:56 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 7:24 AM in response to godlovestodance

First of all, you are behind a few updates: 10.2.2. is the current version. So update (free) first via the App Store - there have been a lot of bugfixes and new features added.

As far as opening LP 9 projects: that works, but sometimes not. If it doedsn't work, a better approach is to create a new project (File>New) in Logic X 10.2.2 with the minimum 1 audio track, then import tracks and settings from your LP 9 project to it via the file browser.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.2.1/#/lgcpce085447

May 1, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Eriksimon

Yes I had already tried this but for some reason when I imported tracks and settings it did not import metronome speeds and as a result I had to manually put in metronome speeds to align the vocal track for the song I was converting. I was worried that there might be other subtle settings that get missed upon upgrading and importing. But it definitely solved the problem of today.

I have over 40 songs I was hoping to easily upgrade; Is this still the best way to proceed.

Also with all the external plugins that I downloaded and used for my previous albums, will I install them in the same way that I originally did on logic 9 when I upgrade.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

🙂

How to upgrade individual logic files from logic nine to logic ten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.