Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Appearance or font in ElCapitan

For reasons unknown to me especially using the HTML text in my emails, and WEB forms, click boxes and so on are barely visible.

I need to keep the accessibility app at hand and "invert" colours.

I wonder if Is there a way to change the default system font in ELCAPITAN? or force the system to apply the fonts and size I like in MAILS OR WEB PAGES, no matter how they are encoded?

I'm aware that even if this was possible still check boxes forms and so on will still be faint and using the tab key not always takes me to the area I should fill up ... but at least I would be able to read what often is too faint too read.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), MAC PRO 4.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:35 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 8:38 AM in response to etnad

etnad wrote:

For reasons unknown to me especially using the HTML text in my emails, and WEB forms, click boxes and so on are barely visible.

I need to keep the accessibility app at hand and "invert" colours.

I wonder if Is there a way to change the default system font in ELCAPITAN? or force the system to apply the fonts and size I like in MAILS OR WEB PAGES, no matter how they are encoded?

I'm aware that even if this was possible still check boxes forms and so on will still be faint and using the tab key not always takes me to the area I should fill up ... but at least I would be able to read what often is too faint too read.

The only options you have available to you are what are in System Preferences --> Accessibility as far as making font more readable goes. There is no way that I know of, without using a 3rd party hack (which I never advocate), to change the system font or its color.

May 1, 2016 9:27 AM in response to etnad

etnad wrote:

Thanks ..... but while testing all options in Appearance I still have the same problems

I am not using Apple Monitors in my MACPRO 4.1

However the various "manual" options I find in my ASUS PB287Q allow me to change most settings

But still .....

It doesn't matter what monitor you're using. There is no way in OS X to change the color or typeface of the system font.

May 1, 2016 12:52 PM in response to Old Toad

Yes thanks .... I did this already

I just wonder if this is my own personal problem or other people share it with me

I sent to Apple a feedback on this issue but, of course as they state it in their policy, I received no reply

but as things are I still hope to fined an hack somewhere. I want to use the computer a its best and this problem stops me from gettong the best out of out the improvements designers do.

As it is a cosmetic issue only I wonder why it can't be solved without giving problems to the overall performance of the system

Regards

Changing Appearance or font in ElCapitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.