Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will Macbook run Handbrake and virtual machines

If i go for a 12" Macbook, even through its' fan-less, can it run Handbrake and virtual machines ok ? My only concern with encodes it will shut down without cooling for a fan, despite the lower speed.

The only intensive app would probably be handbrake, since VMWare would only be for light use.. no games or intensive apps or anything like that..

Alternative, i could just purchase one and test, but wanted to see in advance what i would be expecting with this ahead of purchasing.

Anyone tried this yet ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:07 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 2:42 PM in response to Tech198

https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Be aware...

Unidentified Developer (OS X Download)

We are not currently able to sign the HandBrake downloads. Since our download is not code signed, OSX will flag the application as from an unidentified developer. To work around this, please read their Open an app from an unidentified developer help article.

For more detailed information about the Gatekeeper feature in OSX, please see the About Gatekeeper article.

If an app is not available from the App Store, you're putting your Mac's security at risk.

The new MacBook comes with 8GB's of RAM which should be sufficient to run VMware.

will Macbook run Handbrake and virtual machines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.