Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i put all photos on iPad and delete from my phone?

i have an iPhone 5c 8 gb (only 5.4) and its full. i only have one app and 1.4 gb of photos. i purchased 50 gb of iCloud storage but still confused on how to use it, my real question is ; how can delete all my photos on my iPhone and put them on my iPad (iCloud)?? not all of my phone photos have updated onto my iPad (514 left) or laptop but i have like 20 gb of iCloud storage left ? please someone help

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:46 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2016 8:55 AM in response to sally_osullivan

You cannot use iCloud for storage in the way that you desire. iCloud is for backups, for keeping documents in sync, and keeping photos in sync. While you can access documents and photos in iCloud under the right circumstances, you can not upload documents or photos to iCloud and then delete them from the device or they will be deleted everywhere.

Read this for more information about iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

You have a computer, so the smart thing to do is to import the photos to your computer.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Never rely solely on a cloud server anyway. Always import photos to your computer and save important documents on to the PC as well.

May 1, 2016 8:59 AM in response to sally_osullivan

sally_osullivan wrote:

i have an iPhone 5c 8 gb (only 5.4) and its full. i only have one app and 1.4 gb of photos. i purchased 50 gb of iCloud storage but still confused on how to use it, my real question is ; how can delete all my photos on my iPhone and put them on my iPad (iCloud)?? not all of my phone photos have updated onto my iPad (514 left) or laptop but i have like 20 gb of iCloud storage left ? please someone help

Here's one way: turn on iCloud Photos on your iPhone and on your iPad. This will sync the photos to iCloud, and then to the iPad. Then turn off iCloud Photos on your iPhone, but leave on for your iPad. This will remove the photos from your iPhone. After the first time doing this, use AirDrop to add any new photos to the iPad.

Other alternatives use an outside service to upload your photos. Examples are Google Photos, Shutterfly.com or upthere.com. These all keep the actual photos in cloud storage, and only download them to view on a specific device. iCloud does not have this feature.

how can i put all photos on iPad and delete from my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.