Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot turn on iphone

My phone suddenly powered off and now I cannot turn it on tho' I have tried in many ways (by connecting to the iTunes on laptop, pressing and holding Power and Home buttons blabla) . Last night it was being charged up till 65% when I went to bed. Even if it was not connected with the electricity, it would not have run out of battery such fast as being led to this status. And recently I did not download any apps which can do damage to my phone's administration system. No drop, neither on the floor nor into the water. Please help if you have any idea. Thanks in advance :<

Ohh and it is iPhone6s Plus btw

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:14 AM

Hello, one way you can try bringing the iPhone back to life is by performing a restore to the unit. If you haven't already made a backup of the device, you won't be able to now. After the restore, you'll be able to return the latest backup to the iPhone either through iTunes or iCloud, or can use his opprotunity to start the iPhone as new. The method of restoring your iPhone is called a Recovery Mode restore, you will need your iPhone, a Lightning cable, and a computer running the latest version of iTunes. I've included the steps below, as well as a support article outlining the process.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, you'll need to repeat these steps and choose Restore instead of Update when you get back to this step.
  4. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device. If you previously backed up your device with iTunes or iCloud and had to restore your device in step 3, you might be able to restore from your backup during setup.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 9:14 AM in response to anhdaohako

Hello, one way you can try bringing the iPhone back to life is by performing a restore to the unit. If you haven't already made a backup of the device, you won't be able to now. After the restore, you'll be able to return the latest backup to the iPhone either through iTunes or iCloud, or can use his opprotunity to start the iPhone as new. The method of restoring your iPhone is called a Recovery Mode restore, you will need your iPhone, a Lightning cable, and a computer running the latest version of iTunes. I've included the steps below, as well as a support article outlining the process.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, you'll need to repeat these steps and choose Restore instead of Update when you get back to this step.
  4. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device. If you previously backed up your device with iTunes or iCloud and had to restore your device in step 3, you might be able to restore from your backup during setup.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 3, 2016 8:53 PM in response to anhdaohako

Hi,

I had the same problem. My iphone 6 (purchased 9/2014) suddenly turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I took really good care of it, so I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with it. I took it to the Genius Bar and they told me that it's a hardware issue. The computer inside the phone basically died. Since it had been over a year, my only option was to buy a new iPhone 6 for $299 plus tax. This is a little ridiculous if you ask me considering it was just a poor design or poor hardware. It was nothing I did. Apparently, this happens to random phones.

I ended up losing a lot of my photos and videos because they weren't backed up. Hopefully, you won't have this problem.

In any case, hopefully you'll have better luck with apple support or hopefully you bought apple care. In my humble opinion, apple care is for those who don't take care of their phone. Since my issue was hardware, I firmly believe Apple should have replaced my phone without having to buy a new one. That's me dreaming of the old Apple when they used to care about their customers.

Good luck!

cannot turn on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.