Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drawings in Footnotes

I have used iWorks '09, Pages 4.3 for several years and I am most happy with it. I recently installed Pages 5.6.1 and opened several documents created with Pages 4.3. I sometimes include a picture (TIFF, PNG, non-animated GIF, or JPG) in a footnote or endnote. The pictures are missing from the footnotes in the Pages 5.6.1 conversion.

I have unsuccessfully tried to reimport the pictures. Is there a solution to this?

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:21 AM

Pages 5.6.1 has a long list of missing features and shortcomings you have just hit another.

Up until recent versions it was not possible to insert graphics in Headers/Footers nor tables but they were eventually added, so there may be some hope but don't hold your breath.

Why not just keep using Pages '09?

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 8:21 AM in response to Mnogojazyk

Pages 5.6.1 has a long list of missing features and shortcomings you have just hit another.

Up until recent versions it was not possible to insert graphics in Headers/Footers nor tables but they were eventually added, so there may be some hope but don't hold your breath.

Why not just keep using Pages '09?

Peter

May 1, 2016 12:39 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thank you, Peter, for the confirmation.

I have been using Pages 5.6.1 only about ten days, and once I observed this loss of functionality, I did revert to Pages '09. I did hope that I had merely missed something, e.g., a menu item, but I conclude I did not. I'll continue to use Pages '09 until the losses of functionality are restored. (And I don't hold my breath.)

Thanks again for the confirmation.

--- Charles.

Drawings in Footnotes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.