Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I remember a time when your phone would ring when locked.

I used to be able to hear phone calls when my phone was locked, not sure how long ago this was, but that is no longer the case. I don't like leaving my phone unlocked, but this seems to be the only way for me to hear calls. I have gone through the usual steps, power off, restore, reset, do not disturb, but it seems at some point silence under do not disturb only has 2 options; Always or when phone is locked. I am not fond of this at all, does anyone else feel the smae, or am I missing a spot to change this? I have an iphone 5 with IOS9.3.1.

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:17 AM

10 replies

May 1, 2016 8:32 AM in response to trillie

trillie wrote:

I used to be able to hear phone calls when my phone was locked.

it seems at some point silence under do not disturb only has 2 options; Always or when phone is locked.

Mine still does. Not sure why yours does not.

The options you describe are for Do not Disturb only. If DND is turned off then the phone should ring when locked.

May 2, 2016 7:14 AM in response to trillie

even before 9.3.1 it rang when locked..

Make sure volume is turned up and check 'Ringer" switch on side of phone... if its "silent' u won't hear anything... and check "Sounds" Ringer & Alerts, since the volume buttons for controlling the volume can separately be disabled.

The options under DND are the same on 9.3.1,, just checked mine. "When locked"

When u said "restore" what that a Restore via iTunes ?

May 2, 2016 7:35 AM in response to trillie

trillie wrote:

Not to sound stupid, but what is elcpu?

OK, if you must know!!! I am a native Spanish speaker; came to the US at age 15 and I am very grateful to have done so. You know what CPU is, of course. "El" in Spanish means "the" so when choosing a forum name I chose "the cpu" without the space or in Spanish "elcpu", just a forum name to go by, that's all.... 🙂

I remember a time when your phone would ring when locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.