Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mathtype

Where can I find Mathtype for OS x El Captain 10.11.4 and Pages version n 5.6.1?

The PC is an iMac Retina

Thanks a lot Patrizia

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:14 AM

At the vendor's website.

You launch MathType, and then Pages v5.6.1 to enable the Insert menu : MathType Equation… . Launch order matters.

6 replies

May 4, 2016 7:18 AM in response to fantasia.pat

Viking's reply is correct, but what you don't state is whether or not you have already installed MathType. I believe your question implies you have not. The "Insert > MathType Equation" command is always present in Pages, whether you have MathType installed or not. It's only available though (i.e., black and not gray) if MathType is installed. So to directly answer your question of "Where can I find MathType...?", there are many places you can find it if you search online. I recommend downloading the trial from the creator of MathType -- Design Science. I won't give the link here because I work for Design Science, and I don't want my reply to be removed or edited for trying to sell you something. I'm not. If you'll simply Google either MathType or "design science" though (or even all in one search), you'll find us. (Viking included a link in the previous reply, but when I click it, it simply returns to this thread.)

Bob Mathews

Design Science.

May 4, 2016 7:49 AM in response to Mr.MathType

There is an issue where the Link Insert button shows the real external URL to the MathType download site, but what is actually inserted is a link reference to the same post. Still troubleshooting this reproducible issue as to whether it is unique to me, or has larger scope. I had to explicitly insert the full link in the post document body as alternative.

mathtype

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.