Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad I and EC

I’m experiencing something with my Trackpad 1 in EC which I can’t explain or stop. It seems that at times when the cursor is hovering over something it opens that thing or makes it start or zooms in/out (several of the many possible actions I’ve seen) by itself. It’s not a function of Spring Loaded Folders which isn’t even on. And i’ve looked around Prefs and can’t seem to locate what else might be causing this action. So what might it be? Is this something I can even control?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 2.5 GHz 16MG

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Make sure Tap-to-Click is off in Trackpad system preference.

3 replies

May 2, 2016 7:02 PM in response to curly1

Yes, with Tap-to-Click you just have to tap gently, not press hard enough to make it click. This can be useful for older trackpads which need a lot more pressure to click near the top of the trackpad, but can cause accidental clicking or dragging. There are settings in Accessibility and Trackpad settings that help, such as Three-Fingered drag and Click-to-Drag.

Trackpad I and EC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.