Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Purchases from ITunes Store, ITunes not that smart...

So I just learned that I have several double purchases from the ITunes store. I would make a purchase, hit purchase, quickly realize there was a deluxe version, click that quickly (Wrongly Assuming ITunes would realize my intent) and only sell me the Deluxe version. NOPE! It would download both, one right after the other and charge for both. Although the Support was able to refund me for my mistake minutes before (Although it took much longer to correct, than it did to purchase and download), they were not able to refund 2 double purchases from 8 months ago, EVENTHOUGH I was able to provide the invoices, as Apple's System did not go back that far (Yeah Right!) I could understand their position if I had not been able to provide the invoices, but I was and did! Their response "Too Bad, So Sad"

Amazon had the same product for less money. I was trying to stay loyal, being a Total MacHead, but in future my purchasing will be elsewhere. BUYER BEWARE!

(Yes I know I wrongly Assumed their system was smart enough, but I assumed and was completely wrong)

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:19 AM

7 replies

May 1, 2016 9:29 AM in response to MississippiMills

I would imagine the issue with the older transactions is that the content provider has already been paid. Apple cannot really ask for the money back now, whereas they can perhaps nullify the most recent purchase. I always make a point to compare the iTunes Store with Amazon and buy where I get the better deal. There is still room to get caught out however. Youngest daughter just bought a track on her ID that we'd previously bought elsewhere. At 79p I'm not going to grumble about it.

tt2

May 1, 2016 10:14 AM in response to turingtest2

No doubt, but when I can provide the invoices, showing my mistake, I would (wrongly assume again) with their profits to refund as a goodwill gesture. When I ran an Multi National company, my policy was the Customer was always right, No Matter What. We won millions upon millions of customers with this policy and to cost to us was next to nothing because the customer was virtually guaranteed to continue purchasing from us, which they did! (It was a large Software company which also pioneered On Line stores.

May 1, 2016 10:22 AM in response to MississippiMills

MississippiMills wrote:

When I ran an Multi National company, my policy was the Customer was always right, No Matter What.

I work for a very large U.S. company. Though we try to resolve all issues that a customer has, it's not possible to assume they are always right and maintain profitability.

However, if you wish Apple to know what you think about their business practices, this isn't the place to do it as they don't read here. Use the feedback link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

May 1, 2016 12:02 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

We were the 2nd largest Software Applications company behind the behemoth Microsoft. Although my fears of my policy were the same

regarding profitability, It turned out to be wrong as the customers were so pleased we were virtually guaranteed to get them to buy the next upgrade, as we had a 12 month release cycle and the products were $475 for full version and $149 for upgrades. Even when we released an interim upgrade (code for massive bug fixes) we gave them out free, if the customer paid shipping and handling. Those charges alone created a profitable revenue stream, as I had negotiated a deal with 2 worldwide couriers for $1 per and the customer paid us $10 per.

That's why I always smile at "Get the 2nd Free, just pay separate S&H charges" I'm pretty sure I invented that revenue stream :-)

Double Purchases from ITunes Store, ITunes not that smart...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.