Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod will not sync since update

I downloaded the latest iTunes version on my computer and ipod. It's an older 8gb one. Every since I did the update my ipod will not sync. It will not even show up under the devices but it will show up on my computer. When I plug it directly into the computer the only thing that pops up is a page showing what I can do with my iPhone. I don't have an iPhone only an ipod.

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:45 AM

8 replies

May 2, 2016 6:01 AM in response to NatashaMiles25

You should provide some additional details... Do you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version?

What specific model is your iPod? At 8GB, an older iPod nano? Or it could be an iPod touch, which is very different; it's basically an iPhone without the phone parts. This document shows the iPod models

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

May 5, 2016 9:46 PM in response to NatashaMiles25

Still not clear on iPod model. At 2nd gen and 8GB, it could be a iPod nano OR an iPod touch. iPod nano is just a music player. iPod touch is an iOS computing device that works like an iPhone. That's a big difference, and the solution may be different.

If you already tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling ("I completely deleted all apple files off my computer and itunes and redownloaded everything"), you should try it again using this procedure document from Apple. It lists the components of an iTunes installation, the precise order to remove them, and steps to confirm everything has been removed

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Then reinstall the latest version if iTunes

https://www.apple.com/itunes/

May 6, 2016 9:07 AM in response to NatashaMiles25

it's still doing the same thing. it starts syncing but when it gets to updating the ipod files it gives error code 13014

Isn't that actually different from your original problem? In the original post, you said

my ipod will not sync. It will not even show up under the devices but it will show up on my computer.

Did you go through the linked procedure to completely remove iTunes and related software components, and then reinstall iTunes?

If you did not yet, before trying that, since it's an iPod touch, try these more basic steps.

Restart your computer. Restart your iPod touch.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Run iTunes and connect your iPod touch. Is the problem with syncing the same?

Ipod will not sync since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.