Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD/Bluray player/burner & software for El Capitan

I'm replacing my 2009 imac with a new 27" iMac arriving Monday. I have not purchased an external drive. Reviews of the Apple Superdrive have not been stellar.

I also know that because Sony & Apple are not friends, Bluray won't be coming to Apple products soon. I would also like the capability to burn at least DVDs, if not Bluray discs. Any suggestions for drives and/or software (since some players do not include the software) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:03 AM

vtsue,

I recommend that you contact OWC (www.macsales.com) they specialize in Macs and can help you with a Blue Ray burner and then help you choose the software you need for your application. You can call them or do an on-line chat,whichever is your preference. Before contacting them please give a little thought of what you would like a Blue Ray capable device to do for you,that way they can steer you in the right direction.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 11:03 AM in response to vtsue

vtsue,

I recommend that you contact OWC (www.macsales.com) they specialize in Macs and can help you with a Blue Ray burner and then help you choose the software you need for your application. You can call them or do an on-line chat,whichever is your preference. Before contacting them please give a little thought of what you would like a Blue Ray capable device to do for you,that way they can steer you in the right direction.

DVD/Bluray player/burner & software for El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.