Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printers for El Capitan.

I'm upgrading my 2009 iMac to a 27" iMac arriving Monday. I have a 3 year old Brother all-in-one printer MFC-J835DW. Should I invest in a new printer? Any suggestions for an all-in-one inkjet printer? I don't need a fax but scanning, copying, printing several pages at a time is especially important to me. Thanks for reading.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Likely no reason to get a new printer, however as you are not sure connect it and if El Capitan sees it then install and test. That is the true test.

As for suggestions for a new printer, there are hundreds of MFP (multi function printers) available. You need to be a little more specific about your needs, such as what type of copying you need (color, black & white, volumes etc...) then same with scanning (what are you scanning and why), and the volume and type of printing you do. My suggestion is for you to do you due diligence and research based on your needs until you find the device that most closely fits your needs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 11:05 AM in response to vtsue

Likely no reason to get a new printer, however as you are not sure connect it and if El Capitan sees it then install and test. That is the true test.

As for suggestions for a new printer, there are hundreds of MFP (multi function printers) available. You need to be a little more specific about your needs, such as what type of copying you need (color, black & white, volumes etc...) then same with scanning (what are you scanning and why), and the volume and type of printing you do. My suggestion is for you to do you due diligence and research based on your needs until you find the device that most closely fits your needs.

Printers for El Capitan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.