Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It Says Verifation failed.

I am restoring my ipods data to an iphone 4s. Everytime i try to sign in to my Apple ID it says Verification failed. It Will not sign it, and it wont finish restoring. It also says There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server. I need help. I cant do anything. and i really font want to start over.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:20 AM

17 replies

May 1, 2016 10:45 AM in response to keairxdelena.tvd

Sorry - just a clarification

Presuming you are having the error on the 4S?

That is a rare and unusual occurrence for the server to be down

I would wait a little and try again

Try to force restart the 4S

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this continues the other option would be to do a full restore of the iPhone 4S as new using iTunes and starting over - which I realize you indicated you would rather avoid

OR

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

May 1, 2016 10:47 AM in response to keairxdelena.tvd

Here are the reasons you might get the message that the Activation Server is unavailable:

• It really is unavailable. Rare, but it happens. You can check its status here: http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/
  • Your antivirus or firewall is blocking access to gs.apple.com. Try disabling it.
  • Your router's firewall is blocking access to gs.apple.com or to a port that it requires (443).
  • Your phone is jailbroken, or it was at some time in the past.
  • Your computer was used to hack or jailbreak some iOS device in the past (not necessarily the device with the current problem), and its network database was corrupted. Hacking includes using some questionable apps such as recboot, reiboot, Tinyumbrella, redsn0w, etc.

For the last possibility inspect your computer's hosts file. If there are any lines in the file that reference gs.apple.com that is the explanation. You will need to rebuild the hosts file.

May 1, 2016 11:07 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Here are the reasons you might get the message that the Activation Server is unavailable:

• It really is unavailable. Rare, but it happens. You can check its status here: http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/
  • Your antivirus or firewall is blocking access to gs.apple.com. Try disabling it.
  • Your router's firewall is blocking access to gs.apple.com or to a port that it requires (443).
  • Your phone is jailbroken, or it was at some time in the past.
  • Your computer was used to hack or jailbreak some iOS device in the past (not necessarily the device with the current problem), and its network database was corrupted. Hacking includes using some questionable apps such as recboot, reiboot, Tinyumbrella, redsn0w, etc.

For the last possibility inspect your computer's hosts file. If there are any lines in the file that reference gs.apple.com that is the explanation. You will need to rebuild the hosts file.

Lawrence Finch

Have you or would you be willing to consider making that a user tip?

May 1, 2016 12:16 PM in response to ManSinha

OH, I getcha... you preferred WorkFlow.

I found that Rich Text capable apps - TextEdit is a Mac app - did not transfer the formatting copy/paste into this TinyMCE editor, so I now use browser bookmarks for top level links and links to posts for copyText>paste

Many "auto-title" pages I get from letting browser History suggestions show me the previously visited pages

User uploaded file

It Says Verifation failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.