Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Water Damage

I was in the bathroom and my Iphone 5s fell into the toilet. I took it out as soon as i could and turned it off straight away, but i wanted to check the phone and turned it on but couldnt turn it back off because the screen turned off then i kept shaking the phone to get some of the water out, then it took me about 30 minutes to find rice. I took out the sim card and put it in a bag of rice and tied it. Its been in the bag for about 30 minutes now and im wondering since i couldnt turn the phone off will it stop my phone from drying. And how long should i leave my phone in the bag for?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:17 AM

6 replies

May 1, 2016 10:20 AM in response to Astijus2

If you turned it on while it was wet, it probably won't matter how long you leave it in there, it's most likely already permanently fried..

At a minimum, 4-7 days is how long you should leave it to dry out.

You may as well just make an appointment at the genius bar and get yourself an out of warranty replacement or buy a new phone.

Iphone Water Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.