Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not want a passcode on my iPad. How can I delete it?

I have no need for a passcode on my iPad. Having to enter it everytime I open my iPad is a serious annoyance. Can this feature be turned off? If so, how is it done?

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:09 PM

Settings>Touch ID & Passcode (Or Passcode, depending on model). Enter your passcode. Turn iPad Unlock to off.

Note that, without a passcode, should you ever lose your iPad or have it stolen, or even if you just leave it around where someone could pick it up, they have access to all your data, including any email you have on the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 2:09 PM in response to morwhe

Settings>Touch ID & Passcode (Or Passcode, depending on model). Enter your passcode. Turn iPad Unlock to off.

Note that, without a passcode, should you ever lose your iPad or have it stolen, or even if you just leave it around where someone could pick it up, they have access to all your data, including any email you have on the device.

I do not want a passcode on my iPad. How can I delete it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.