Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RANGE WIFI BLUETOOTH

HI

I have an iPhone 6 18months old and recently the WiFi and Bluetooth range have reduced to about 2 metres I have reinstalled fresh from iTunes backup also done the hard restart many times. also maps sat nav is constantly searching.

baffling me this is also frustrating

Thanks in advance

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:33 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 11:59 AM in response to Tigerstyles

Your phone may be defective and may have to be tested at an Apple Store like Meg suggested.

Prior to going you could try these steps in case they help (I know you have tried some of them already).

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

User Tip: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9892

RANGE WIFI BLUETOOTH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.