Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problem, please help!

I have a iphone 4s, i had 65% battery life when i was trying to respond to text message. When my phone completely shut off, i went to plug it in, it turned on and showed that i had 100% battery life but constantly would be searching and not pick up my service provider. Upon unplugging it, it would shut off and not turn unless i had it plugged in. Now when its on the charger it keeps shutting on and off. Please help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:06 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2016 1:39 PM in response to Lonbites

IF resseting the phone does not work you can try restoring your phone i was told this week to restore as new iphone and do not use any back ups as you could be putting the problem back on to your phone and if that does not work you will have to contact an apple store And they will run diagnostics on your phone to find out what the problem is. Hope this helps you.

May 1, 2016 5:50 PM in response to Lonbites

The two most likely possibilities are a failing battery (not unlikely in a 4 year old phone) or the battery gauge needs to be recalibrated.

Try recalibrating your battery gauge:

• Charge to 100%
  • Run the battery down until the phone shuts off
  • If it shuts off above 1% charge it for a minute only, then continue running the battery down. Repeat until it makes it to 1% before shutting off
  • Charge it to 100% again

If the battery is not defective this should fix it.

Battery problem, please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.