Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil - replacement F-F charging adapter sought

Just need a simple answer - where can I purchase a replacement female-to-female lightning adapter for charging my Apple pencil. I just returned from a business trip, and may have left mine in a returned rental car along with a spare cable...all I know is it's gone. I've read several similar threads where people answered anything but the original question, so please - I don't care about other, unrelated parts or suggestions. All I want to do is purchase a replacement for the small part that came with the Apple pencil. Thank you in advance for helpful answers.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:14 AM

11 replies

May 1, 2016 2:07 PM in response to TMHahn

Thanks for the information. I am on phone with Apple Support (800-275-2273) right now. The support guy and his back-end support expert have no idea what I'm talking about - he even went so far as to ask if this was a third-party item (it came in the box with my Apple Pencil). He's going to reach out to sales and see if they can figure out how to help. So...fifteen minutes in and the guy comes back on the line - he checked with every group he could within Apple and they do not have these pieces for sale. Which totally conflicts with the two answers above. I will give them this - they guy was really nice and sounded like he was trying to help. But, if one is to judge solely by results, well then this is a fail.

May 1, 2016 2:46 PM in response to M.T.Field

Apple Support probably can't help you.

Contact the Apple online store, noted below. And if that doesn't work, I actually ordered mine through AppleCare via the chat feature.

Apple Online Store

Apple.com is a convenient place to purchase Apple products and accessories from Apple and other manufacturers. You can buy online, chat, or call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753), 7 days a week from 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pacific time.

May 2, 2016 6:52 AM in response to TMHahn

Time invested today: > 45 minutes. I contacted the number referenced above and described what I was looking for. The Apple Store person listened and eventually transferred me to their Sales Support Group, where I re-described my problem and what I am looking for. After several mis-directions where the support person tried to get me to sign up for "online personal setup" and some other stuff they're likely told to push, she then offered up a MB821AM/A "USB to lightning adapter" for $29 - which is NOT the part I am looking for. When I described (again) the part, she said "we do not have a replacement for that" and said the people on the Apple discussion board are mistaken, and that they likely were referring to a 3rd party part. When I described the part again and where it was in the original OEM packaging, she transferred me to AppleCare (Apple Support) again. As before, I spent more time re-re-describing what I was looking for, to no avail.

I have no reason to dis-believe what both TMHahn and Meg St._Clair have told me above. Clearly, they have been able to find/replace said part. However, in over an hour invested during the past two days, six (6) separate Apple sales/support people have not been able to help, each one winding up doubting that such a part exists and claiming that it's a 3rd party item. When cornered by the facts (it came in the original box with the Apple pencil), I have been transferred.

I am amazed by the variability of answers I have received from Apple. This is something I would have expected from Dell. Net result is nothing other than aggravation and time wasted.

May 2, 2016 9:27 AM in response to TMHahn

Just got a call back from the final person I spoke with today (after the 3rd transfer) while I was in a meeting and couldn't answer. He felt bad that this process was so time consuming and frustrating, so continued to research and is sending out a replacement part for free! Well, he says he's 99% sure it is the right part, but still, great news. I retract the Apple-Dell comparison I made earlier - I finally found somebody at Apple who took ownership of the issue and saw it through to resolution! Thanks for your help everybody. When the part finally arrives, if there is a part number, I will post it here so others can benefit.

May 4, 2016 6:32 AM in response to TMHahn

The ordeal is over. A HUGE box arrived (literally larger than 1'X1'X1') at my house yesterday - in it was a "SVC,CONNECTOR,APPLE PENCIL" - Apple p/n 923-00817. Yes, it is the right part. It is packaged in a small brown padded envelope measuring 6"X9"X1/2". Thanks to everyone for the help and to Apple for finally getting this right.

Apple Pencil - replacement F-F charging adapter sought

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.