Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controlling volume on receiver - Learn new device if you don't have the remote for the device?

I have a new Apple TV. It is plugged into a receiver. With my Chromecast before I could control the volume of the receiver, but I can't seem to figure out how to control the volume of the receiver with the Siri Remote. I wanted to try the Learn New Device feature but I don't have the remote for the receiver. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or help 🙂

Nik

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:50 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2016 8:09 PM in response to Nikle

Here are a couple of ideas:

With the ATV connected to the receiver HDMI input and your tv hooked to the HDMI output, go into settings Remotes and Devices, Home Theater Control - Control TV and Receivers and turn to on. See if you can control the receiver.

Another option:

Program your cable remote aux to control your reciever. This usually involves entering a code number for your Yamaha. Once you get it to work, use the volume control option in the ATV and program the ATV4.

Controlling volume on receiver - Learn new device if you don't have the remote for the device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.