Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URL autofill quit & tabs blank

I was using Safari yesterday and had something odd come up during use.

URL autofill suddenly quit working for no apparent reason. Also any tabs that I made after the issue started, the tabs were blank, i. e. no title in them as would normally occur.

Quit Safari and the issue disappeared. Have not had any issues since.

Anyone know of a likely cause, and whether this is a sign of a larger problem? Or just a blip?

Thanks.

Mac OS X 10.11.4, Safari 9.1.

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Hopefully just a quirk but if it happens again try troubleshooting Safari extensions and third party plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Uninstall one extension at a time, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 1:21 PM in response to laundry bleach

Hopefully just a quirk but if it happens again try troubleshooting Safari extensions and third party plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Uninstall one extension at a time, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

URL autofill quit & tabs blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.