Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.3.1 issues with uploading pictures in text messages and emails

I just downloaded ios 9.3.1 and now I can't upload pictures into text messages or emails. Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:01 PM

Not knowing how you are trying to do that here are two options - if you have tried both and they do not work please let us know and provide the exact error message if any

1. When writing a text or iMessage - click on the camera icon to the left of the box - it brings up menu option to take a photo or choosing an existing one from the camera roll - you can click to choose existing and select the images you want included

2. When viewing pictures - bring up the individual picture - click the share button - the one with an arrow pointed upwards from a box - one of the options that comes up is the messages app -

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 10:01 PM in response to mrsc328

Not knowing how you are trying to do that here are two options - if you have tried both and they do not work please let us know and provide the exact error message if any

1. When writing a text or iMessage - click on the camera icon to the left of the box - it brings up menu option to take a photo or choosing an existing one from the camera roll - you can click to choose existing and select the images you want included

2. When viewing pictures - bring up the individual picture - click the share button - the one with an arrow pointed upwards from a box - one of the options that comes up is the messages app -

May 2, 2016 5:38 AM in response to ManSinha

Thank you for your reply. I'm normally go through either one of these processes when trying to send pictures. They always have worked before.

Now when I do it, no picture loads. Here is what happens:

1) I'm in a text message, I click on the camera icon, select Photo Library, All Photos, click on a picture, which then shows the small white circle loading the picture (never showed that before), which then brings up a bigger view of that picture with two options at the bottom of the picture..Cancel or Choose. I select Choose of course. Then it takes me back to the text message and doesn't show the picture, like I didn't do anything at all.

2) Now when I go into my photo album, and click on a picture and click the share button, it works only some of the times, which just started today. Yesterday it would not load the picture, just take me back to the text message screen with no picture. But when it does load the picture, it brings up that white circle indicating the picture is loading, it never did that before.

May 25, 2016 9:55 AM in response to mrsc328

Thank you for your reply. I'm normally go through either one of these processes when trying to send pictures. They always have worked before.

Now when I do it, no picture loads. Here is what happens:

1) I'm in a text message, I click on the camera icon, select Photo Library, All Photos, click on a picture, which then shows the small white circle loading the picture (never showed that before), which then brings up a bigger view of that picture with two options at the bottom of the picture..Cancel or Choose. I select Choose of course. Then it takes me back to the text message and doesn't show the picture, like I didn't do anything at all.

2) Now when I go into my photo album, and click on a picture and click the share button, it works only some of the times, which just started today. Yesterday it would not load the picture, just take me back to the text message screen with no picture. But when it does load the picture, it brings up that white circle indicating the picture is loading, it never did that before.

This is happening to me too! It's maddening! I'm backing up my phone now and I might restore it. I've tried everything I can think of!

May 26, 2016 5:08 AM in response to ManSinha

I thought this was going to work, as I was able to load a picture the first time after restarting and closing out apps. I tried a few other times and it didn't work. But then I try a few more times, and a picture finally loads. Then I try again, and it doesn't. But I can only get it to load sometimes once I'm in the picture gallery and click on the picture, then hit the upload button on the bottom left. If I'm in a text message already and hit the camera button to upload a picture..I can click on the desired picture and hit "choose" to upload, but it doesn't upload, it just takes me back to the text message with no picture uploaded. So frustrating!

ios 9.3.1 issues with uploading pictures in text messages and emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.