Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have restored my ipad to factory default 3 times in3 months but it still keeps turning off

I have restored my ipad to factory default 3 times in 3 months but it keeps going blank or freezing with the apple logo appearing on the screen but not much else working, I have tried many times pressing the on/off button at the same time as the home button for 15 seconds which brings it back to life but not for very long. I can't play any games on it, it freezes after a few minutes. The ipad is about 3 & a half years old, is this the length of life I can expect from it ?

iPad, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:26 PM

There should be some more life left...it depends on how intensely it was used presuming it was purchased new

I would try the following

Backup to iTunes

Then restore as NEW using iTunes

Do not restore the backup

See if the problem resolves

If it does - restore backup - if the problem returns - then chances are your content is corrupted somehow

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 2:26 PM in response to dianep75

There should be some more life left...it depends on how intensely it was used presuming it was purchased new

I would try the following

Backup to iTunes

Then restore as NEW using iTunes

Do not restore the backup

See if the problem resolves

If it does - restore backup - if the problem returns - then chances are your content is corrupted somehow

May 3, 2016 6:37 PM in response to ManSinha

WWhat happened was when I attempted the first restore the iPad kept turning itself off during the restore, so went to recovery mode and did a restore.

every attempt it went a little farther into the restore before turning off. Finally after about 30 attempts it did complete. I don't think it did it properly. the iPad didn't ask for my passwords. Usually after a restore you need to put them in, within 24 hrs it crashed and went blue again, kept turning off.

i Did another recovery mode restore. That particular restore went thru very easy and with one attempt. After that restore it was asking for my password. It's been 48 hours of heavy use and working fine.

im afraid to update my apps, I'm not sure if an updated app might have corrupted something. Also, I noticed I got back about 6G of storage after the restore,

my guess something in the firmware was corrupted.

I have restored my ipad to factory default 3 times in3 months but it still keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.