Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make the sidebar not pop up in safari

It really is so so so inconvenient that while in safari every time I let the cursor touch the left side of the screen the sidebar pops out. I don't need the sidebar to show every time I touch the left side of the screen, I can push the sidebar icon anytime I want to see it. Is there any way to make it not do this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:21 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2016 3:07 PM in response to Kari Joan Salli

Kari Joan Salli wrote:

It really is so so so inconvenient that while in safari every time I let the cursor touch the left side of the screen the sidebar pops out. I don't need the sidebar to show every time I touch the left side of the screen, I can push the sidebar icon anytime I want to see it. Is there any way to make it not do this?

Your only options are to either move your dock to the left side of the screen or stop using Safari in full screen mode. Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure, but at present, there is nothing in Safari Preferences or in System Preferences to turn this off.

May 1, 2016 5:31 PM in response to Kari Joan Salli

Kari Joan Salli wrote:

Thanx, for now I guess I will put the dock on the left side of my screen (although I like it much better at the bottom).

Is there a way to suggest to apple that they fix things like this? where they will actually listen to you?

You can submit feedback to Apple. They won't respond, but if enough people all submit feedback about the same thing, a future update might include a fix. There's no way to know if they've read it, however. You just have to assume they will.

http://www.apple.com/feedback

How to make the sidebar not pop up in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.