Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I ignore 'artist' column for compilations in manual type search?

When I am viewing my entire library in the 'songs' view under either the 'my music' or the 'playlists' tab, I can usually click on any song and begin typing an artist's name to be taken to that artist's spot in my library. I am not using the search box because I am not trying to filter any music out. I am simply trying to navigate to that artist's music within my entire library. Sometimes though, that artist is listed in the 'artist' column on a compilation and I am taken to the compilation instead of the rest of the artist's music, even though I have 'various artists' listed as 'album artist' for the compilation and have the compilation selection checked in the info for all of the tracks on the compilation. How do I get this manual type search to navigate to album artists instead of just artists?

iTunes 12.3.3.17-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:03 PM

There are no replies.

How do I ignore 'artist' column for compilations in manual type search?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.