Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing music library... ALL songs are gone!

My PC crashed and I lost all files, etc. I replaced the hard drive, reinstalled iTunes today and my entire library of songs is gone. I only have the ones I purchased from iTunes, which isn't a lot. I thought the whole purpose of importing my music library into iTunes was so I wouldn't have to back it up elsewhere and could access it from anywhere by logging into my account. I have searched many similar threads and can find nothing to solve my problem. I have no old files on my computer and reinstalled iTunes from scratch. My entire music library should NOT have disappeared! This is unbelievable....I try to use support and it ask for a serial number. Huh? I use iTunes on a PC, and not Apple products other than an old iPod which is also now empty..

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:04 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 3:20 PM in response to danarog

Do you still have the old hard drive? Depending on what went wrong you may still be able to recover your data from it. There is a service called iTunes Match that might have allowed you to redownload more of your library if you had subscribed, but otherwise it is only the previous purchases which are available. If the content was still on your device then this user tip could have helped: Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device. Apple don't provide telephone support for iTunes which is why you were being asked if you had a product that might have qualified.

For the future see Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy. The same tool is useful for backing up any of your personal data.

tt2

Missing music library... ALL songs are gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.