Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy video from my imovie library to icloud?

I have a Macbook Pro:

Memory: 4 GB memory, 1067 HHZ DDR3,

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Storage: 500 GB

Operating System: OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4

iMovie 9.0.9

How do I save my iMovie projects in my Event Library to iCloud? My projects are about 1 hour long each. I video taped both my parents talking about their lives a year before they died and I really need to store these projects in a safe place. Thanks!

I already read some of the tutorials. Here is an example of one tutorial.

Export iMovie video files to iCloud Drive

If you want to store video files or projects you're working on in iMovie on your iCloud Drive, you need to export them:

1. In iMovie, select the files or project you want to export from iMovie Library in the Libraries sidebar.
  2. Choose File > Share > File.
  3. From the File pop-up menu, check your project's settings, then click Next.
  4. Rename your project if you want to. Then, from the pop-up menu next to Where, choose iCloud Drive.
  5. Click Save.

Step 2: I clicked on File but there was not Share option anywhere.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 1, 2016 1:59 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 10:06 PM in response to janetfromelcerrito

iCloud is actually not a good way to create a back up of your files. It was only designed to sync multiple devices so they can share content.

If you really want this important data saved, get an external hard drive, format it for Macs (OS X Extended Journaled) and use Time Machine to backup your Mac's internal hard drive.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Again, iCloud is not designed for backing up data. Only syncing data between multiple Apple devices.

How do I copy video from my imovie library to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.