Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payed repair cost before repairing

Hello

I would like to know is it normal procedure?

I went Service Center to repair iPhone 6 plus, because of liquid damage.

then they said I need to pay the cost before repairing my phone,,,

is it correct? and very expensive the repair cost around $500 (RM1700 in Malaysia)

please advice me....

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1, repair

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:55 PM

In my experience with equipment repairs of any kind, I have never paid prior to having the repair completed. I have paid an evaluation fee which is a small amount to cover the examination of a product prior to repair, but this fee is than deducted from the final bill. With regard to a phone damaged by water or any liquid, it would be very unusual to be able to repair it. Usually you purchase an out of warranty replacement. I would not want to pay for any repair prior to the work being done.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 2:55 PM in response to Michel.m.daisy

In my experience with equipment repairs of any kind, I have never paid prior to having the repair completed. I have paid an evaluation fee which is a small amount to cover the examination of a product prior to repair, but this fee is than deducted from the final bill. With regard to a phone damaged by water or any liquid, it would be very unusual to be able to repair it. Usually you purchase an out of warranty replacement. I would not want to pay for any repair prior to the work being done.

payed repair cost before repairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.