Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Osx captain has update, yet it won't update because finder says there are operations still in progress which I don't see.Help

OS X E Captain is ready for update. When I go to "update now" the computer does a Restart yet it wont update because Finder says there are still opetations in progress..Can't seem to see anything. Can someone help?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:23 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2016 2:14 PM in response to Poleygirl

Also is your data backed up?

Are you trying to upgrade from one version of El Capitan to another, or from a prior Mac OS X such as Yosemite to El Capitan. Some may quibble what's an upgrade and what's an update. The terminology being so similar I like to ask:

Are you going 10.6.8 or later to 10.11 something, or 10.11 something, to 10.11 something higher?

The first is done through the App Store under the free purchases.

The latter is done through the Updates section of the App Store if not Apple menu -> System Preferences -> update, or searching for the corresponding update on Apple Support.

Osx captain has update, yet it won't update because finder says there are operations still in progress which I don't see.Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.