Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up my new iphone 6s plus

hi,

I have iPhone 6 and I just purchased a new iPhone 6s Plus, I changed the carriers from AT&T to Sprint, when I was at the Sprint store I only had time for them to set up the new phone but didn't transfer the back up from my 6, decided to come home and do it.

When backing up my old iPhone 6 I am getting the following error message - "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "my name iPhone" because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone. *fine prints Delete the backup for this iPhone, then try again.

I double checked the software update on my old phone and it has the latest iOS 9.3.1 and my iTunes version is also up to date v. 12.3.3

Not sure how to proceed. Can someone please help?

-Sean

iMac, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:23 PM

9 replies

May 1, 2016 2:38 PM in response to seanaslam

No. I would first go to iTunes and under Preferences, Devices you should see the old backup. Delete it and then back the old phone to iTunes again and then try restoring the new backup. If the old one was corrupted like iTunes said a new one may work. Your software seems up to date but make sure the new one is also on 9.3.1

May 1, 2016 3:17 PM in response to seanaslam

seanaslam wrote:

so sorry i meant i had updated to the latest of iOS version on my 6, wrongfully assuming the new 6s Plus would have the latest iOS already installed. Thank you! i hope all will work out after this..

They often come with somewhat older software if they have been sitting around on a shelf for a while. Good luck this time.

setting up my new iphone 6s plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.