Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get ride of the extra space after finalizing my table?

i have worked on a small project where i pasted pictures and stuff on numbers, along with text in side a table. now i have to much extra white space after i deleted the extra rows and columns, how do i decrease the sheet size to fit only my table!??

thank you

numbers-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:03 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 3:25 PM in response to washalsi

Hi washalsi,

The Sheet is a blank canvas on which tables, text boxes, graphic objects and charts are placed Like a baseball field (ideal, not one bounded by practical considerations), the Sheet has only two boundaries, one at the top (third base line), the other on the left side (first base line). There is (theoretically; in practice, it likely depends on available memory and the capabilities of the platform) no right side boundary and no bottom boundary to the Sheet.

You can decrease the amount of space your objects occupy (and the number of pages it will take to print your document) by moving things upward and to the left. You can check how the document fits on a page (or several pages) using Print View (Press command-P or go File > Print...; exit Print View by pressing escape or clicking Done at the bottom of the dialogue), or you can show the Rulers to give an indication of where your project sits on a page.

Regards,

Barry

how do i get ride of the extra space after finalizing my table?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.