Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Really? You can no longer make photo books with aperture?

So I spend countless hours putting together a book in aperture and at the end of it I can no longer order it online. REALLY!????????!!!!

This is ridiculous. This is like a scam. And why the **** didn't the app tell me this when I started to make the book instead of after I was done making it? I have been an Apple fan for more than 20 years now, but every year it seems to get less and less user friendly...

Posted on May 1, 2016 5:03 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 3:25 AM in response to stevefrom習志野市

This user tip has the links to some discussions on printing books, now that Apple stopped the service:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9861/edit?ID=9861&draftID=12256743

Just in case the links still do not work, I have pasted it below:

Apple stopped the Print Services for Aperture print products and iPhoto projects on march 21, 2016.

When we try to order a book, we will see this message.

User uploaded file

And the menu entry "Aperture > Aperture Plug-ins" to download the book plug-ins for third party photo books, but this menu entry now opens a completely different page: http://www.apple.com/osx/photos/

The problem is, that the Photos for Mac application does not support Aperture books well. Photos uses different Themes and cannot recreate Aperture's custom layouts. Book projects will usually migrate as albums to Photos, if Photos cannot recreate the book. So we will have to cretae a new book in Photos from the album. How Photos handles content and metadata from iPhoto and Aperture - Apple Support

One way to get Aperture books printed is to print the book to PDF and send this PDF file to a different service.

See the link below on how to save the PDF file for printing with PrestoPhoto posted by PrestoMeghan:

Re: Re: how to export a book made in Aperture to make a similar book in Photos?

In this discussion are also reports by kgem and Astro7x about the first experiences with this service.

Really? You can no longer make photo books with aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.