Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export video from my camera to iMovies?

I have a Panasonic video camera NV-GS50B which I have connected by Firewire cable to my Macbook Pro version OS X 10.9.5. My Macbook is not recognising the connection. How can I get it to recognise

Mac Pro

Posted on May 1, 2016 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:40 PM

A couple of things to try. Under the Apple menu select 'About this Mac' and then click on 'System Report' Look for the Firewire bus listing and see if your camera is listed. That will tell you if the OS recognizes the camera and if your firewire ports are ok. If that's fine then try using the SD card in a card reader or the card slot in your Macbook. I assume you are using El Capitan and iMovie version 10 and you are using the import window in iMovie.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 7:40 PM in response to dalgan

A couple of things to try. Under the Apple menu select 'About this Mac' and then click on 'System Report' Look for the Firewire bus listing and see if your camera is listed. That will tell you if the OS recognizes the camera and if your firewire ports are ok. If that's fine then try using the SD card in a card reader or the card slot in your Macbook. I assume you are using El Capitan and iMovie version 10 and you are using the import window in iMovie.

How to export video from my camera to iMovies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.