Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer my pictures from photo dock to iPhoto

Hi:

I have a lot of pictures under the option Photos on my Macbook Pro, and since I am on ICloud , all of those pictures also appear on my iPhone and IPad, which takes up a lot of of storage space.

1- How do I transfer my pictures that I have filed by months under photo dock option to iPhoto.

2- After transferring my pictures to iPhoto, if I delete the pictures from Photo option, would that also delete them from my iPhone and iPad but not from iPhoto?

Thanks.

Mojdeh

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:27 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 8:41 PM in response to mojdehfromfairfax

iPhoto - File - Import to Library - Choose Photos

Once the images are imported - yes you can remove them from iCloud Photo Library and yes via sync - they will be deleted from your iDevices

I would check with one image first to ensure it is working as intended before undertaking a larger scale deletion

However please also remember the iPhoto has been replaced with Photos as the official Apple images app - at some point - you may want to consider another storage strategy for your photos long term

May 1, 2016 9:07 PM in response to mojdehfromfairfax

Sorry but we can not see you and if you do not give details we are guessing as ManSinha is (and if they are guessing wrong you will lose photos)

We need to know what you have and what you are doing - software (Photos or iPhoto) and version and iCloud settings

If you are using iCloud Photo Library which it sounds like you might be (just a guess) hen any change (additions. deletion or edit) you make on any device will be made on all devices - If you are using ICPL then the solution for devices with limited storage is to set them to use Optimized photos

LN

how do I transfer my pictures from photo dock to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.