Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring Complete freeze up

Running the latest el Capitan 10.11.4 , my Macbook pro retina 13' is freezing 1 to 2 times a day .

It is a complete freeze, mouse doesn't move, force touch doesn't show give the haptic feedback.
The only thing I am able to do is hold the power button and wait for it to restart.

What are my options ?

Help appreciated

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:35 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 7:59 PM in response to harvey_slash

a record of exactly what was happening at the exact time of the freeze-up was captured in the console log.

But so was an awful LOT of completely extraneous messages that are beside the point.

If you note the exact time of a freeze up, after you restart you can return to the console log and see what was happening. The line containing BOOT_TIME is the first line of a new Start. So the stuff right before that is what you seek.

If you can get it down under about 100 lines, you can cut and paste it here. More than that is very difficult for Volunteers to wade through.

If your Mac is new enough for force-touch, are you still in 90 day phone support ?? (or if you added AppleCare, three-year phone support) ?

Recurring Complete freeze up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.