Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBOnow app keeps shutting down on Apple TV

The HBOnow app keeps shutting down after the rating screen comes up. The light on the apple tv will blink a few times then it restarts. The only advice I've been able to find so far suggests re-starting the apple tv which I've done a few times with no luck. Any ideas?

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:12 PM

11 replies

May 1, 2016 6:49 PM in response to scsmith16

I am assumng you have an ATV4...

Force quit the app by pressing the home (tv icon) button twice then swipe up to force quit all the apps.

Relaunch the HBO app and try agan.

If the issue persists delete the app off the ATV by selecting then pressing and holding the touch pad until it jiggles. Press play and select the option to delete it.

Reload the app from the app store.

May 10, 2016 11:07 AM in response to scsmith16

Are you certain you did a Restore and not just a Reset? Reset just erases the settings. Restore actually downloads and rewrites the entire software image. This can take a while since the image is pretty large. If you have a computer with iTunes, it might be easier to download the file first and restore ATV this way Restore your Apple TV through iTunes - Apple Support

Since your built-in apps are misbehaving, it sounds like you need a full Restore. If you have already done a Restore, then please ignore these remarks.

HBOnow app keeps shutting down on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.