Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.3.1 Battery Drain

I have done the upgrade to 9.3.1 on my 5C and can not believe the bad Battery Life I am getting. Never had this issue before.

I have even put the phone on Low Battery Mode when 100% charged and in the morning with no Apps open it is already down to 75%. I can not even last the day out its ridiculous. When is their going to be a fix for this. PLEASE!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:35 PM

Open apps does not mean an app does not have a background task running.

Settings -> Battery will tell you what apps have consumed the most battery in the last 24 hours or the last 7 days

Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh will allow you to control which apps are allow to run in the background and refresh their content even when you are not using them.

Finally, I'm going to ask the hosts to move this post to an iPhone related forum, where you will get better visibility.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 5:35 PM in response to gumview1

Open apps does not mean an app does not have a background task running.

Settings -> Battery will tell you what apps have consumed the most battery in the last 24 hours or the last 7 days

Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh will allow you to control which apps are allow to run in the background and refresh their content even when you are not using them.

Finally, I'm going to ask the hosts to move this post to an iPhone related forum, where you will get better visibility.

May 2, 2016 6:21 PM in response to gumview1

i do not normally try to answer iPhone questions, but because you originally posted in the Technology forum, I figured I would offer what I know, and get you moved to the iPhone forum.

If you have a poor signal, it can cause the iPhone to increase the radio power to maintain a connection.

If your carrier supports Settings -> Phone -> Wi-Fi Calling, this might help keep the iPhone from worrying about maintaining a cellular signal (I'm guessing actually).

With Apple selling millions of iPhones, there is always a statistical possibility for a bad battery to slip into the mix. So if you think you have a bad battery, you should see about making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store.

Now maybe someone else will have an idea of what might be draining your battery life over night.

9.3.1 Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.