Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colors messed up. Look normal in Screen Shot box.

I'm having a really weird problem with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) display colors.

The colors look really weird and washed out (gray lines missing etc.). Also with low contrast pictures I'm unable to see detail clearly. I noticed this when watching Game of Thrones and I can't see any of the dark scenes at all.

The WEIRD part is that when i drag a screen shot box over a portion of the screen, the colors look normal inside the box. I've included two screen shots demonstrating this phenomenon.

If you look at the screen shot of the forum page, the gray lines on the screen are only visible in the dragged box. If you look at the HBO screen, you'll see that details in the dark left side of the frame are only visible in the dragged box.

Please help! I can't figure out how this could be a color profile issue because changing that would affect all screen parts of the screen equally. I'm stumped.

J

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 13-inch, Early 2011

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:09 PM

2 replies

Colors messed up. Look normal in Screen Shot box.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.