Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhones are freaking durable

GUYS I DROPPED MY IPHONE 6 TWO STORIES OFF OF A FERRY AND AGAINST ALL ODDS IT HIT A LAMP POST TWO DECKS DOWN AND IT BOUNCED ONTO THAT DECK!! LITERALLY IPHONES HAVE MAGICAL POWERS AND ON TOP OF IT ALL IT CAME OUT UN SCRATCHED AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FANCY CASE ITS LITERALLY RUBBER.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 9:50 PM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2016 5:41 PM in response to KCHOJ

My iPhone 6+ saved my leg, but in fact, I believe it saved my life. I am a 50 year old retired dentist. One of may hobbies is to carved logs into canes and staffs. I was making a staff with a chainsaw attachment on a grinder. I was using the tool with one hand when it flipped off the log and then straight into my leg.

I thought the grinder simply fell to the floor but I couldn't figure out why I lost my music. I looked down to my jean’s pockets where my iPhone was sitting and was shocked to see the tear in the leg of my jeans.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and was devastated as to what I saw... a giant gash in my phone. But when I looked at my pant leg again and then the phone again, I realized that my iPhone just prevent the grinder from diving into the flesh of my leg keeping, it from gong into my femoral artery or vein. If it had, I would have l bled out before I could reached help.

And to my great surprise my iPhone still works!

iPhones are freaking durable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.