Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating

Alright, so I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 13" with all the standard specs. For a while now my computer has been severely overheating. I downloaded the FanControl app and tried to adjust the fan but that doesn't seem to work and it never reads what the fan is putting out... The temperatures reach 90C and will start to freeze my computer. Most of this occurs when I am watching Netflix. I do understand that the Silverlight is a big part of this, however it doesn't even seem like my fan is working. I'm not sure if I am having a fan problem or what.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1, Mid 2012

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:52 PM

8 replies

May 3, 2016 11:44 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

I will try resetting it and post how it goes. And I do have the temperature/ fan control app. And I have checked the Activity Monitor when it gets super hot and the only thing that stands out using alot of CPU is the silverlight script from Netflix. I know it uses alot but I feel like my computer should be able to cool down and not reach such high temps.

Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.