Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temps for MPB 2012

Hi, I've had a MBP for around 4 years now for work and video editing and its still going strong. About a couple weeks ago I decided to bootcamp the computer into windows 10 to access some programs and files, and to try vegas pro 13.

I noticed the fans were spinning unusually loud and that it got hot even idiling, something that I didn't immediately notice in OSX, but was also a bit unusual.

Wanted to make sure this was normal, that the thermal paste was still working and that I didn't have a problem with it. Here are the temps:

https://gyazo.com/37b6faa7d8705fc6ce4231c8895956d3 (IDLE TEMPS), at the bottom you see max temps when having multiple programs open at once.

The mac will spike all the way to up around 100 degrees (celcius)when you're using vegas, at which point you notice it slowing down and thermal throttling.

On a side note, Ive had 2 harddrives replaced in the last 30 days, which I find odd and can be blamed on the temperature, as it affects them a lot.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:49 PM

4 replies

Temps for MPB 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.