Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What reader app can fully download articles for offline reading?

Is there any decent reader app for iPad and/or iPhone that will fully download articles so that I can read them offline

I have tried many like Feedly, Pulse (which became a much worse app after Linkedin bought them out), and others I can't remember the name of.

Some blogs will have the articles fully downloaded but some just have an excerpt. If I am not mistaken this is because some blogs put the full article content in their RSS feed and some don't. So if that's correct I guess what I am looking for is some reader that will download articles via some other means than RSS.

Basically I want to be able to download a massive amount of reading material from my favorite sites for long flgihts.

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 12:54 AM

3 replies

May 14, 2016 12:08 PM in response to Rory Jacobs

No that's not what I mean. I want something where I can just list my favorite sites (blogs, news, etc) and while I'm connected to Internet it will store all the most recent articles for reading offline automatically. LinkedIn pulse (formerly just pulse) does exactly this but only if the full article text is in the RSS feed, many sites put only an excerpt in the RSS feed and then it doesn't work. I'm wondering if there is something like pocket or reading list but where I don't have to manually save each page but instead it will automatically grab the most recent entries. Pulse does this great (was an even better app before linked in) but it only works on some sites.

What reader app can fully download articles for offline reading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.