Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which is better iPad Air or iPad Pro

I prefer the iPad Air. It's lighter and has a less glossy screen. Overall it's better to use.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:16 AM

13 replies

May 2, 2016 3:40 AM in response to MohitM

I like the large iPad Pro.

Larger screen for sketching/drawing/paniting and other graphic design works.

Larger screen for note taking, idea taking, reading eBooks and eMagazines. and watching videos.

As a musician/keyboard player, larger screen better for using all sorts of mobile music production style apps.

Better sounding 4 port speaker system is the best any iPad has ever sounded!

Large iPad Pro has USB 3 class speed lightning port.

Also, iPad Pro has the most memory installed than any other iDevice with 4 GBs of RAM and faster A9X CPU.

For those who use the iOS software keyboard (I forced myself to use it and get better on it from day one April 2010 when the first iPad was introduced), when using the iOS software keyboard in landscape mode, the keyboard is a standard, full size keyboard.

Large iPad Pro is best performer, overall, to use.

May 2, 2016 4:00 AM in response to dialabrain

dialabrain wrote:

If I could only have one, I agree. Some people wouldn't want to lug it around though because of its size. The new smaller iPad Pro might be a good compromise for those folks.

Really?

I go everywhere with my iPads.

My iPad Pro is always with me.

People still "lug" around their laptops.

The large iPad Pro is still ligheter than any MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.

AND the screen is slightly bigger than that of the largest screen MacBook Pro

So, why would you think users wouldn't take the larger iPad Pros out with them.

I have mine in an Apple Cover and back case and I pretty much use mine as a MacBook/laptop computer replacement.

It isn't a burden to carry around.

It is only slightly heavier than the original 2010. iPad.

People carried those around.

So, your statement bears some re-examination.

😉

May 2, 2016 5:12 AM in response to MichelPM

LOL actually I know two people who didn't buy it because of its size. One is my g/f who if it doesn't fit in her purse she's not interested. The other is my broker who said it's just too big. He does have an iPad Air he carries. I haven't talked to him about the smaller iPad Pro. It's really not a weight thing.

I imagine if I had more friends some of them would think it's too big. 😁

May 2, 2016 4:24 AM in response to dialabrain

dialabrain wrote:

If I could only have one, I agree. Some people wouldn't want to lug it around though because of its size. The new smaller iPad Pro might be a good compromise for those folks.

I here you about getting a larger iPad Pro.

I made a major deal with my wife about Apple stuff.

This is my last mobile Apple product that I will have for quite sometime to come before my wife will even consider me upgrading.

She let me by a new iPad Pro in November and prior to that, a new 6th Gen, 64 GB iPod Touch.

So, I may have another 6-8 year wait before I can purchase another iDevice.

We botn own iMacs, I told her if one of them or both of them have a failure, other than a say a logic board or power supply failure, like a GPU chip failure or hard drive failure, that we are going to repair/replace the parts rather than purchase another used iMac for the time being.

The electronic repairs, if not catastrophic ones, are cheaper to deal with than purchasing another expensive new or used/newer iMac models than we have now.

So, as far as the iPad Pro was concerned,

I didn't need cellular model (I get along with my mobile devices enroute fine with just WiFi only models, plenty of WiFi hot spots in my locale) nor the Apple Pencil (have a third party stylus that works fine) and no keyboard cover (have a separate mobile Bluetooth keyboard from Logitech), so I was able to more easily spring for the 128 GB storage model of the larger iPad Pro

My only gripe is Apple waited to introduce the 256 GB storage model.

Since this will be my last iPad for sometime, if Apple had made the 256 GB storage model available at initial launch, I would have purchased that model version, instead.

But, I have, at least, a 6 year wait before I can consider asking my wife whether we can both get new iDevices.

She may need a new one before me, anyways, as she is using my iPad 3, now since getting the Pro and I purxhased my iPad 3 in 2012.

So, she may get only another 2 years out of it depending on the condition of the battery.

So, we maybe either paying to replace the battery OR getting her a new iPad model in two years.

May 2, 2016 4:31 AM in response to dialabrain

To each their own.

I have REALLY, REALLY, been waiting for larger size iPads since the day it came out. NOT smaller ones.

Another advantage to the larger iPad is that there is now an app that turns the iPad into a Wacom Cintiq-like visual drawing tablet that you can sync to your Mac, via WiFi or USB 2/3, that allows you to draw directly on the iPad and have it appear in the drawing app you are using on your Mac.

It's called Astropad, and it was just one of my reasons for wanting the larger iPad Pro.

I am a bigger mobile screen guy, not smaller, for the same reasons that some smart phone users prefer the larger screen phones over the smaller screen phone.

I am a bigger screen iPad guy!

Which is better iPad Air or iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.