Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting a frame

I'm running 10.1.2 and I want to export a single frame. I looked at the other posts that recommend secondary apps, but I can't believe there isn't a function in iMovie that allows you to do this. Can anyone help.

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:29 AM

Yes you can. See; http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mova556deb9f

Geoff.

4 replies

May 2, 2016 3:05 AM in response to gasah

The embedded links in the replies are currently not working properly.

Just in case you cannot open the link, the Help page that GeeD linked to is saying this:

Export an image

You can export a frame of video in your movie as an image to use with other applications. The image is saved in the JPEG format.

Export a single frame of your movie as an image

• Skim a clip in the browser or a movie in the timeline, and click when you reach the frame you want to export.
  • Click the Share button in the toolbar, and then click Image.User uploaded file
  • In the dialog that appears, type a name in the Save As field, or leave the default name, which is the name of the movie, trailer, or clip.
  • Navigate to the location where you want to save the file, and click Save.After the share process is complete, a “Share Successful” notification appears.

Exporting a frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.