Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth corrupts after restart

hi

So I bought a new imac recently

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

And nearly every time i restart my mac the bluettoth seems to corrupt, which is really helpful as it comes with a bluetooth mouse & keyboard. This means I have to dig out a wired mouse and keyboard go to preferences ditch and restart - which does seem to resolve the issue, however a couple days later its back to square 1

Any ideas??

Any help or advice greatly received!

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 3:08 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2016 8:41 AM in response to montstar

Hi there montstar,

It sounds like your bluetooth function keeps conking out every couple days necessitating a restart. I would reset your PRAM first:

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac

I would next boot to safe mode to clear some system level caches and perform a disk check and repair if needed:

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

From: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes!

bluetooth corrupts after restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.