Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic won't connect

My friend and I were sharing headphones the other day and she found she liked a lot of the music i have on my iPod Nano. She gave me her iPod classic earlier to sync to my iTunes that way she had the same music as me, but when I got home and plugged it into my Mac computer, it wouldn't connect. I know the cord works because it's charging, but it won't connect so I can re-sync all music. Help??

iPod classic

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:01 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 5:46 AM in response to AnnaBella01

Legally, you should not be sharing your music that way. It's a form of music piracy. It's also not smart; if you have songs purchased from the iTunes Store, those songs have your Apple ID and name embedded in the song files. And if you're going to do it anyways, you probably should not be discussing it on Apple's official user discussion forum.

Technically, if you set up syncing between your iTunes library and her iPod, it is erased and becomes associated with your iTunes library. It will no longer sync with her iTunes library, unless she erases the content from your iTunes library, and re-associates the iPod with her iTunes library.

iPod classic won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.