Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S won't connect to carrier & WiFi

Hi. I'm Syahrin from Malaysia.

I got an iPhone 4S with me right now, which it can't connect to mobile carrier and even WiFi. I've tried to restore it via iTunes and the result is still the same. I can't restore to factory settings / erase my iPhone (as it required me to fill the ID password, which it have to be connected to any network). The WiFi button is also in dim condition.

Is it got anything to do with software/hardware problem? Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:06 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2016 8:48 AM in response to syahrinkhir

Hi syahrinkhir,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you are not able to get either cellular service or Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone and can’t restore it because you need to sign out of iCloud.

In this situation, there may be a couple of different articles that can be helpful. The first article below will help you troubleshoot the cellular service, while the second will help you troubleshoot the Wi-Fi.

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

If Wi-Fi is grayed out or dim on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best!

iPhone 4S won't connect to carrier & WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.